Sunday, August 7, 2022

+ Tantrum Throwing Toddler +

 I've been working a job that I hate for the last year and some amount of months. The job was toxic and due to it I wasn't getting sleep, getting time for anyone else. All I did was take care of Dad and work. So, Monday I got the official call telling me I was hired at the company Bianca works for! It's a great arrangement and it's a work from home job. So, naturally, we needed to get better internet and wire it in to a room that I could work in as it needs to hook directly into the router. 

So, Dad decides that the guest room is the place I need to set up. He didn't want wires going all over the house or all over different floors. As a result, he asked me to clean out and go through Mom's belongings. It's been three years and three months since she passed. Sometimes I still can't believe she's gone. I ask them both if they want to help, want anything in particular if I find it, or if they want to be a part of it. They tell me no, I can do it by myself. Cool, fine, whatever.

 So, I've been going through the closet, dresser, and desk that are in the room. There's stuff everywhere and all over the bed. It's not pretty. Eight giant yard trash bags full of clothes, shoes, hangers, trash, etc. My stuff is still everywhere from when I moved back. Everyone just kinda tossed my belongings any and everywhere and there's no where to put anything. Mom's jewelry dresser is still in the room pretty accessible.  

Anyway Ajax goes into the guest room yet again to throw stuff out of his way so he can sleep in the guest room with his girlfriend. I say please leave everything alone because I've been working to clean up for two days and the donation center is closed on weekends. There's nowhere to put the bags until Monday, and I don't want him messing up the work I've done (I have limited time because training is going to start soon and I'm going to need to set up my work station). And they don't need to be in the room with mom's stuff when I'm still not done going through everything. He ignores me and tells me he's going to sleep in there. I continue telling him no and he screams at me that, "I'm fucking done with you both, I'm going to take my money, my stuff, and leave". I tell him to go then. I hear Dad moving and coughing downstairs. So, I fill Dad in on what happened. 

Dad doesn't want Ajax in the guest room, either. The last three months Ajax has essentially moved his girlfriend into the guest bedroom for the better half of every week. Every day off I've had - Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursdays - they've been using the guest bedroom so I couldn't even go in there to try and find any of belongings and often other days they're in there, too. 

Two days ago the internet guys came in and we woke them up to get out of the guest room and Dad had mentioned that they couldn't be sleeping in there anymore (though, frankly, Dad doesn't like people in his house at all as Ajax knows). Dad said I need to clean it out and then I'll be working in there so it's not a place to sleep. Ajax has a room (Though, he's been whining that there's stuff on his bed and it's only a twin... nevermind he could buy a new bed as he's always bragging about how much money he has). The girlfriend has been ridiculous. She's been coming and going as she pleases. Even when Ajax is sleeping in the living room and she's not here - she'll waltz right into the house on her own. No idea how she's getting in... if Ajax gave her a key, the garage door opener, or what... Ajax will leave her in the guest room unattended when all of Mom's jewelry is right there, despite Dad not wanting her to stay here  at all. At the end of the day, that's what's pissing me off the most. Dad keeps saying that he doesn't want her here and Ajax just does what he wants. It's Dad's house. Why is Ajax such an entitled brat? He literally thinks he owns everything. He isn't grateful for having somewhere to live. Nothing. He thinks he does everything and realistically... he takes the trash to the curb 50% of the time, gets Dad's snacks at the grocery store and if Dad doesn't give him enough money he'll pay the extra $10-20, and sometimes sweeps, mops, or vacuums. That's not the flex he thinks it is.  

So fast forward to today, Ajax throws another fit the second I wake up and make coffee. I'm literally taking my first sip of coffee and trying to put something on the TV and he mutes the TV to zero like a brat (nevermind it was only on like 20 volume). I turn it up to at least hear, he turns it back to zero, and I tell him to stop. He screams something about thinking I own the tv (he was asleep... it's a living room) and tears the plugs out of the wall and storms away. Dad comes up a few minutes later and asks what's wrong with the TV. I tell him. Ajax throws another tantrum. Screams at Dad. Tells Dad he's done, scream, curse, whine he can't use the guest room... And Dad folds like a cheap suit. He starts asking me to move the stuff so they can sleep there. Ajax says no, he's fucking done, he doesn't even want to anymore. 

Regardless, Dad has me go back into the guest room to continue fixing it (which I was already going to do after I drank my coffee and watched like an episode of something). So, I vacuumed, wiped down, and cleaned the closet entirely. Then I took Mom's jewelry dresser and shoved it in the back of the closet and started placing all of my belonging in, on, around, under, and over the dresser so no one could get to it. Then I piled all of the donation bags in front of the closet so at the very least no one could get into anything without some struggle. However, not before discovering the jewelry dresser's lock was broken and it wasn't broken before they started staying in the room. There didn't appear to be anything missing, but I didn't get a good look...so who knows? Ajax was already giving some of Mom's stuff to his girlfriend. 

It doesn't help that his girlfriend has been rude to me for weeks. She used to be cordial and say hello and then one night just flipped. She was trying to mop the kitchen, and I was at the sink cleaning my travel mug so I could get ready for work. She asked if I was going to be done soon. I said I'd be going in and out for another half hour until I left for work. I finished washing my cup and went to the living  room to sit down while I was waiting for my laundry to finish in the dryer. Five minutes later I get up when it went off and she's mopping the kitchen. I just go grab a towel and stand at the edge waiting. She said something about me saying I was done, and I said that I'd said I'd need in and out until I left for work. She got snippy. And never was nice again. She stopped saying hi, started making faces when she didn't think I saw, etc. So like already I'm over her in the house when she's being rude. 

But the Precious Prince Ajax always gets his way. I'm not surprised. He throws tantrums and then Dad just lets him do what he wants to get him to stop. Then Dad complains to me that he doesn't want Ajax doing the thing that he just caved on. 

I'm over his attitude, his rage, his fucking ridiculous antics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment