Tuesday, March 27, 2012

+ My Name is Zelda and I'm a DVD addict... +

I find I rather enjoy reacquainting myself with old TV shows. I swear it seems like I find one I forgot about almost every year around this time. This Spring's old television friend is that of Smallville. Which I can't complain about mostly due to the fact it gives some kind of middle ground for Ajax and myself. I was always more fond of Smallville than Ajax from what I remember. I used to watch it every week, but then after four years running it changed time slots and I think was either right before or during Supernatural and for one reason or another I stopped bothering. I had tried getting back into it a couple of times but by then the story arc had changed so much I was left confused and got bored trying to catch up.

It also doesn't help that in general Superman is very low on my list of superheroes I adore. He falls somewhere barely above Aquaman and Hulk. Superman probably ties with Green Lantern and Ironman which doesn't help his case much. Yet somehow the before Superman version Clark Kent was different... or maybe it's the fact the casting was fantastic. I'm still very upset that Clark and Lex have to be enemies even if I already knew it was destined. I still hate it. Though, it's probably more to do with the facet that Michael Rosenbaum is such an amazing actor and let's face it - he's attractive and no one likes villains to be attractive. It becomes so much harder to dislike them - wow, that sounds so shallow. Oops.

I probably still would have been fine leaving the series in my past if it weren't for the fact that the series was on sale and I wasn't having a 'meh' day last Friday. Now I swear besides working for the Dad, catching up on class stuff, and planning class stuff all I've been doing is watching Smallville with Ajax and The mom. Which might have been different if it weren't for the fact that it's been a rainy disaster for my Spring Break. There was one semi-nice day. Otherwise dark and stormy - what else is there to do than curl up with a blanket, a book or TV show, and chill out?

No comments:

Post a Comment