Sunday, March 27, 2011

+ Snap, I'm Legal! +

A crazy thing happened on Wednesday. I turned 21 years old. Which is weird to think about because it doesn't feel any different, but I can go to bars if I feel so inclined.

Wednesday night entailed of getting ready to go out with Ajax and have my first bar experience. Which was lovely. I spent the evening with my roommate, Julia. My childhood friend and her brother. Where we had me drinking more than I probably should have making it up to roughly 17 drinks before we had to go home due to my brother having to go to work at 10am the next morning.

Here's a list of what I drank:
My brother began by making a series of three shots before we left to go have dinner and hit the bar.
Pineapple-Upside-Down Cake Shot.
Scooby Snack
Jager shot
(because I'm weird and enjoy Jager).

After dinner and hangin' with the friends, brother's friends, and new people I was in the process of meeting we got me to drink some more:
Long Island Iced Tea
Cosmo

Ajax's Blue Moon that he kept telling me to "watch" that I ended up drinking.
Neptune
Brain Hemorage Shot
Chocolate Cake Shot
Irish Trashcan
Washington Apple Shot
Huckleberry Lemonade
Grape Lemonade 7up
Starburst
Whip Cream
(shot? I can't remember what that was)
White Gummy Bear Shot
Fedora Sour


It was interesting every room I wandered into I seemed to come across someone I knew. I saw people who I went to high school with I hadn't seen since I graduated. I met plenty of new people. Met some of Ajax's friend's friends, etc. This one guy even kept coming up to Julia and my other friend and trying to talk to us. We asked his name and he's just like, "It doesn't matter". So, we blew him off, but then he kept talking to us and for some reason I wandered off with him to get a drink. Which might have been a mistake, except everywhere I went someone was looking out for me (I was lucky like that). The name-less boy (who's name I now know, but it's irrelevant) bought me the White Gummy Bear I believe. And at some point he asked for my number (which I do not remember) and apparently my response was, "Um... yeah, I'm pretty sure no, you can't have my number". So he moved on to my friends I was with who also refused to give him their numbers. It was pretty fantastic.

Surprisingly I remember the majority of the night, except the tossing of my cookies. That part I don't remember. I also ended up beating myself up pretty bad. I smacked my right eyebrow into the tile floor, hit the back of my head on something, I threw my right knee out of whack, bruised my left outer thigh, and had my torso sore for the next day. I had to limp around and hope for the pain to stop, however I didn't have a hangover and how I don't know. Mostly people were just trying to see if I could actually get drunk because I previously was never capable. And now that my 21-run is out of the way I can happily not be drunk ever again. I don't like how huggy I get and how willing I am to speak with people I don't actually know.

It was a lesson well learned and an experience I don't want repeated, but it was still fun and enjoyable.

Also, equally, if not more exciting I got a Kindle for my birthday. Which is fantastic and while I really don't think it will ever replace my physical library - it is nice due to the fact you can get lots of free books. I have all the classics I could want on it for now to read when I please. I'm super psyched. Especially because I'm a poor college student and sometimes it's difficult to afford buying all the books I could ever want to read. This allows me to keep up with my book addiction without having to cough up the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment