Sunday, March 20, 2011

+ And There Time Went +

There is something infinitely serene about being able to just disappear from a digital world for a week. Okay, so I did check my e-mail while I was on break, and I did wish my Aunt a Happy Saint Patrick's Day on Facebook, but really that's the only online thing that was done during Spring Break.

Whenever I end up at the parent's house these days I tend to be less wired up. If I do use my laptop there it's typically for the purpose of watching dvds before passing off into my dreamland where I meet those I love. But every once in a while it's nice to be free of technology and the online world. It makes me feel more human at times, more connected to nature and the world. I took the Demon Spawn for a walk a couple of times and was one with nature in those moments and I've missed it. Those are the times I wish I could have the dog here with me, I walk every night when I have access to doggie. I don't like walking alone at night here, but I think it would be more of a possibility if he were here with me. However, summer is just around the corner and I can get back into my 3 mile walks at night with Sportster and we can get off some extra winter fat we've gained.

Another year for me is about to pass and I needed a change and I got it. I feel very much the same, but closer to my final goal of graduating, only a year left! It feels so surreal. Splendid. Terrifying. Terrific.

But the Break was just what I needed. I spent some time with the Fam. I had some quality dog time. I got to see some friends I haven't seen in what feels like a lifetime and everything felt right. I'd missed them terribly. I had some decent, healthy food for a change. I got rid of some extra baggage in the apartment. I got an idea of what I'd like to keep before we begin operation garage sale sometime in the Summer. I've spent many hours wondering if Summer is going to be long enough to get everything done. I'm biding my time until it's party time this week, and until then am trying to focus on cracking the spines of my books to get back into sync with the process of studying and having classes and work again. A week really is too short an amount of time.

But I do need to get going and read my stuff for class tomorrow and write a quick discussion starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment