Wednesday, December 5, 2012

+ Why I'll Never Be a Good Feminist +

While I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself, I still feel safer with my fantastic males around. I care less about unlocked doors and people that go bump in the night when with them. I feel safe and protected. And what woman doesn't like feeling protected? Fewer things are more attractive than a protective man. Just sayin'.

While I like the idea of being on the front lines in a war, I recognize the need for women to not be there. Men have a way of needing to protect women, it's endearing, but in a war it will get them needlessly killed. Men would only have their head half on the war; half on protecting the women next to them.

I love to cook, clean, and dote on males I adore. Seriously. If you're a male, I care about you, and you'll let me - I'll totally dote on you. Even make you a sammich.

I recognize women can't do everything men can. We also don't want to. To think otherwise is to lie to yourself. I don't want to throw cement on a work site. It's sexy watching men do it though.

Given the chance I'd totally mud or Jell-o wrestle. 'Cause that stuff looks like fun.

I like my make-up, heels, and even dresses on occasion. I enjoy dressing up for the mens sometimes. It's difficult for me to not wear makeup these days.

I have found in my work experience I have been paid the same wages as my male counterparts doing the same job. In some cases I was paid more. The reason? I'm a good worker. My bosses can attest to the fact I rock. That's why men and women bosses have all adored me, and I was usually given more hours due to my work ethic.

I have never had a man tell me what I can or cannot do with my body. I'm a Catholic, even. I do what I want. I also pay for those options. I don't want or ask for it for free. I want birth control? I'd pay for it. I want an abortion? I'd pay for it. Let me clear, here, though - I haven't had an abortion, and I never would have one unless it was necessary. And when I say necessary I mean that no matter what my baby would die. If I'd die, but my baby would live I'd avoid the abortion more than likely. At least I'd like to think that.

I've had a number of advances. My men are clear that if I say no, it means no. They also know my wrath if they don't listen. My men will also do anything to keep me safe as well. It's give and take. I know there are men with evil intentions that won't listen to no, but at the same time my men would make sure that man would  never see the light of day again. Of that I am certain.

I like patriarchal rule as males do what's necessary to retain freedom that women wouldn't. We can't live in a world without war because society isn't peaceful or loving. We're a warmongering race. And in a world full of war and hatred - men keep our society safe. That might just be my military men upbringing though. My great grandfather was in WWI, my grandfather in WWII along with my grandmother,  and my father in Vietnam. I have the deepest respect and honor for the men and women who serve our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment