Sunday, January 9, 2011

+ Future, Here I Come +

I'm excited for a new future, for a new semester, and for the possibility of a hope to become a reality. I'm ready for a change, a big one. One that's needed for me. I'm ready to be a little selfish!

The new semester did sneak up a little fast, but overall I'm excited. I'm not so thrilled thinking about the exams that are sure to follow the full swing of a new semester, but I am looking forward to new classes and concepts to learn. I'm happy to be closer to graduating. I'm glad that I'm a Senior in college (credit-wise)!

I'm excited about starting a new job. I get to work at a third location for campus dining which is cool. I get to keep the best boss ever (okay, some may argue, but I love my boss-man). I get to have more work stories and meet new people. I'll get to meet new regular customers and be in a new building to work. I'll get to learn how to make new kinds of foods (pitas and gyros).

I'm glad that I have the opportunity to go to college. I'm glad that I have a job. I'm glad I'm no longer working at Bob's. I'm glad that things are going in a more positive direction in my life. I'm glad that I'm happier lately. I'm glad that it's a new year. I'm glad that I got some family time. I'm glad my desktop computer is paid off. I'm glad that I am making future plans that will be best for me and that I'm taking the time to think about myself and take care of me for once. I'm glad that I realize I don't always have to take care of everyone else, I can take care of myself for a change. I'm glad that my parents are proud of me and trust me to make choices in my life and are willing to listen to me and guide me when I am in need of advice or sympathy.

I'm excited for Summer for once. I'm excited by the prospect of the potential of seeing extended family whom I miss dearly. I'm excited at the chance of change. I'm excited that things seem to be going well for me. I'm excited that I have a great schedule in both classes and work.

I am thinking about making a big change that is for my benefit, and mine alone. Okay, so not just my benefit, but it's definitely going to improve my state of mind. I don't want to write too much about it though, until it becomes official-ish. And maybe not even then, I might keep it on the dl until it is relevant and should be known. I just think it's the best path for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment