Sunday, January 16, 2011

+ The Clock's Turning Once More +

The semester is starting to get under way. Ticking away to fall into the full swing of things... much like a pendulum. At least sometimes that's how being in classes feel - stuck tied beneathe a pendulum as you watch that blade lull closer and closer to bringing you death with each swing of the blade. You hear the whistling of the blade and you feel your insides collapsing in itself in an attempt at self preservation.

But all students know that it is to no avail. We study. We lie in wait to get pulled under for the solitude of the blade's last encompassing goodbye. Which is usually how I see final exams. Or perhaps just exams in general.

Okay, so it's a bit of a morbid metaphor for something as powerful as knowledge. And yes knowledge is a fantastic thing - in most cases. We'll pretend the theme of Frankenstein just doesn't exist. Did I mention my British Literature class might suck a little less? We get to read that fantastic novel again. I love me some Frankenstein's Monster. So eloquent. So curious. So human.

Other than that there's two online classes, a sweet American Literature class, and a sign language class that is taking up my life this semester. Oh and I am back in the land of employment - so I've got that going for me.

In any case I'm just waiting to get fully submerged and possibly begin a new semester learning how to drown in a sea of desperation and knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment