Sunday, August 15, 2010

+ Proposition of Insanity +

Once upon a time there was a lovely little Fly Shop in one of the greatest states in the United States, New York. It was nice where lots of people could go and learn how to fish, buy rods and flies, and exchange stories and advice on how to catch the most lovely fish in New York. That was the shop that taught a young boy how to fish and that young boy was a common sight there from about the age of six until many years later, including after he fought in Vietnam for our lovely Country, though not perfect loved by their citizens just the same. The young boy loved fishing and would for all of his life... fast forward 57 years. That young boy is now 63 and he still has very lovely memories in that place with both his grandfather and father and now owns his own Fly fishing shop. Why does this matter, why should you care? That little boy was my father.

Times have changed and that fly shop in New York is now closed. Time has withered it and most people don't remember the golden age of that fly shop. It's merely another one of the businesses that can't stand afloat these days in the crumbling economic status of the United States. No big deal, right? Well, not exactly. Can you guess what they plan on doing with the space where that Fly Shop once stood?

Place a mosque there. Yes, that is the shop that is being forced out for plans for a mosque near our Ground Zero. The place where our Twin Towers stood and fell crumbling to the ground in ruins nine years ago. On the worst day I can ever remember in my history of life. I was in school and I was young. All I could think about was that friends of my family are there. My family is there. It wasn't until later I could think of the others who died, and yes I was lucky. My family didn't die there, but I know plenty of family friends who did. That day is so surreal in my memory, it was the longest day of my life, the most terrifying, it was the first day I realized that people are wholly mortal - not just people but security and happiness. I really had believed before that time that nothing could touch us, that no one would dare mess with us - that dillusion is shattered now and my heart broken. The Past President also broke my heart by not retaliating the way he should have, he was weak...weaker and more forgiving than the terrorists. We should have hit their innocents, too. Call me a monster if you will, but do you know that that's how we got the Nazis and Japanese off our backs in World World II? We fought and weren't afraid to do it.

Forward nine years, we have a President who believes it's a good idea to place a 13 story Islamic center and Mosque near the place where the religion that mercilessly slaughtered our Grandfathers, Grandmothers, Fathers, Mothers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Sisters, Brothers, Friends, and our Neighbors. He says it will boost morale and show that we hold no grudge. That it will be a good thing and that we should do it.

I don't know about everyone else, but I do not find that to be tolerant or morale boosting. I find it to be insulting, hurtful, and completely disrespectful to our lost loved ones, the innocents who were trying to go to work, the heroes who fought to save those that were dying, and our Forefathers of our Great Nation. Even if no one else thinks it's great anymore, It's my Nation and I find it to be Great. I would not prefer to live anywhere else. I just wish people would utilize the free Education we provide so so many wouldn't be this ignorant and stupid. Especially if they even think to allow this to come to pass.

Everytime I see a New York skyline in a movie anymore my heart shatters a little more, the twin towers are gone and it reminds me how mortal everything is. I have a mental picture burned into my brain of Ground Zero when I was in New York for my Grandma's burial. The pain is still there echoing in the corridors of my mind. Pain and rage are what exist at that sight. Can any other American say anything else resides there with them when seeing or thinking of Ground Zero?

Whoever proposed such a thing would like to see a towering triumph to make the families of those who died in vain suffer continuously. Did you know they want to open it in a little over a year from now on 9.11.2011? The tenth anniversary of our loved ones dying and they want to open a Mosque in memory of them? Are these people high!? That's even more distasteful and insulting. Why not just surround Pearl Harbor with Japanese War Ships to honor Pearl Harbor? A mosque near Ground Zero is on par with that.

Not to mention it's supposed to cost $100 million, which I would not be surprised if our President decided to make us pay for it in our taxes. That would be even more of a slap in the face, not only put a mosque there but make the American citizens pay for it, too. Let's just really make our loved ones roll in their graves.

No comments:

Post a Comment