Monday, February 25, 2013

+ Say No to Making Babies! +

Working with small children really makes me wonder if I ever want to have kids of my own.

It might just be the fact I'm only twenty-two, but I see these kids and the way they behave and I have to say I don't think I'm missing out by not having one to raise right now of my own. I'm not saying having kids is awful or not worth it by any means. Plenty of other people are fans. I just don't think it's for me at this point in my life.

One I'm poor enough on my own, I don't need help spending money I don't have. Seriously, I can't even afford to live on my own yet.

Two they tattle like you wouldn't believe. Really, if I don't see it; it didn't happen. They lie to get each other in trouble all the time. Vindictive little critters. Telling me so-and-so did/said/thinks doesn't help your cause. I will probably just respond, "I'll take care of it" and promptly forget about it because I have better things to do with my life than deal with your minute problems. If I wanted to be a judge I'd be in law school right now.

Three tantrums. They yell and scream for reasons I will never fully understand. It makes no sense- just gives everyone a headache and irritates everyone else. Maybe that's the grand scheme. But they throw fits because life isn't fair/they're not getting what they want/things aren't going their way. Life's not fair! Buck the crap up!

Four whining to get their way. Makes me inclined to do the opposite. Seriously if you whine to me, the answer is no! More specifically "Hell No!".

Five they're cesspools of plague and pestilence. The more often I'm around them the sicker I get. Total downer. I get well just to be smacked down with a more harsh disease keeping me feeling like death.

Six they can't speak like a normal person. For some reason their volume buttons are broken. They speak in loud and louder volumes. No matter how many times you beg for inside voices.

Seven they ask for help, but can't explain what they need help with. So you have to guess! I'm not a mind reader. I may be of Romani descent, but I have no gypsy powers.

This experience really just makes me think I need to get my tubes tied- STAT!!

Yet they can be cute sometimes. I am kind of a sucker. Puppy eyes and I end up playing during recess and give them boosts when asked. Despite all my inner-dialogue I'm super good with kids. You'd never tell I don't necessarily enjoy being around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment