Saturday, October 22, 2011

+ Wanderlust +

This is essentially what has been eating away at my consciousness for years now.

I yearn to travel.

I want to be able to spend endless hours getting lost in a forest where I can hear nothing but the wilderness.

The calling that is always scratching away at my consciousness while I stare hopelessly out the windows. The world trying to tame me.

But tame me, it does not. Instead I wait and hope. I dream of the green, green trees. The smell of rain lurking in the distance. The chirping of birds that know exactly where it is I am destined to go. Yet giving not a hint, to me.

What I would not give to not know where I am going. To let my destination matter not. While I wander the world with no main goal in mind.

Perhaps I was born in the wrong time period. Maybe born too late. Dreaming of things no longer common. Yearning for things that imply insanity.

2 comments:

  1. i totally know what you mean. my gramma says i have gypsy blood - which i've come to the conclusion is what the rest of the world calls wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes sense, Romani blood runs through my veins as well. Though it is more prevalent in Ajax. As the blood that really runs through my veins is that of an Italian. I just conquer and bludgeon people and destroy whole families for funsies. Build gigantic marble buildings and make the people gamblers.

    What Ancient Rome jokes? Nooo...

    ReplyDelete