Monday, August 15, 2011

+ Can't Catch a Break, Can I? +

God, it really doesn't seem like there is ever a dull moment in life. And for once, I really wish there could be. Why can't those who are living ever catch a break?

There's just always money that has to be spent and it's not helping that I won't be able to have a job while attending this semester. My vaio finally decided to have a real argument with me. I was under the impression that it should still continue to work properly... it thought that it would be more fun to give me the blue screen of death. Not just once like before that I was able to avoid and ultimately fix by myself... oh no, but really blue screen. Which left me with a more than probable worthless laptop shell, an $800 credit card debt on top of my credit card debt I've been paying off.

I just don't see why my laptop had to stop working now. Why not next semester when there was little to no chance I'd need a laptop? Not to mention, that though this laptop is nice, it's not my laptop. I want my laptop back. I'm still kind of hoping that my laptop decides it doesn't hate me and ends up not believing it wants to commit suicide so that I can fix it with little cost to myself and keep my old one... in which case the Dad can have this one and the bill that goes with it. One can only hope.

Because I have no way to pay this sucker off for a year. Unless you know... Christmas break is spent doing nothing but working for the Dad, and I continue to get my butt in the shop every open hour after student teaching. I just hate financial strain.

The Ex-Boss offered to try to get me some hours and with the new debt... I'm debating more and more to just pick up the 8 hours a week just so I can't stop fretting so much,  but that just means I'll be fretting over how I'm going to get all my reading, papers, and homework done before classes each day. But working 8 hours a week is nothing, right? ... Right? Please say right.

...Or that I don't need to work. Except I'm finding that that probably won't be an option with this new debt. Can we please just play the game where my laptop decides to resurrect itself from the grave? That way I can get rid of the debt and have my beautiful blue and silver, shiny laptop back. That has cool music controls along the keyboard edge... so I stop randomly trying to click on nothing because it doesn't exist on this laptop...

God. God, God, God... This is not my idea of fun right now. This wasn't supposed to happen. I was not supposed to be this much in debt yet. I don't even have a real people job, yet. And already I'm here.

I still say that Willy had the wrong idea. The American Dream is clearly to get into a boatload of debt and die before you ever get to come close to paying it off... and I must say I am starting to believe that I am living the "American Dream".

No comments:

Post a Comment