Thursday, March 3, 2011

+ Seriously, This is What I Hoped For! +

This is getting fairly ridiculous. I don't know what's going on. I may or may not have shared my incident about falling on here? Basically I was walking to class and managed to find a lovely patch of black ice. I fell and knocked myself out, out a good minute or two. The thing about college students is most of us walk right by, don't see if fellow humans are okay, just keep on walkin'. So, when I regained consciousness not only was there pain I knocked the wind out of myself and couldn't remember how to breathe. You want a fun experience? Do that. Oh, yeah and I happened to have given myself a concussion. Fun times. Lemme tell you. Did it stop me from attending class or work? Nope.

Basically I landed super funny on myself. I hit my left knee, elbow, and left side of my head to concrete, and obviously that side of my back, but it wasn't so much that my back hit concrete... My backpack broke my fall. I'm not sure if you're familiar with English Majors? We carry abnormally sized backpacks with huge anthologies so landing on a backpack means uneven, heavy awkward sized books jabbing into various parts of your spinal cord.

Now this fall may or may not be related to the main point of this particular post. But essentially since my fall like two or so weeks ago I've gotten continually worse back pains. I ignored them first because my back always is in pain. In any case it's been to the point where I just decided it's nothing to worry about I could just go to a doctor at home during spring break. Except that's still two weeks away and the pain is getting worse.

So, I get back home after work where I've been slightly irritated all day and in pain. The thing about me once it's pain that is harder to ignore I'm not the most happy person ever. I might not say anything or snap, but my rage builds and then I just get testy. So, get home and am minding my own business unable to stand, sit, kneel, lay, etc. without my back being in some kind of other pain. Before I know it I'm in massive crocodile tear mode and it's been a pretty long while since I've cried, so it's super weird. Apparently all day I'd been on the verge of tears and holding back every bit of strength I had. I didn't realize. Talk to The dad and say I don't know what to do, the pain won't go away Doan's Backache Pills aren't working for me, what should I do? I explain my college town is not where I want to see a doctor, I don't have one, don't trust it, pretty much just know of the hospital and I don't want to spend a million bucks to have some guy be all, "Well... your back is bruised, later. Thanks for the free $16,000,000,000,000,000,000" Which is what I am assuming that kind of thing would cost.

I call Boss-Man, who I adore entirely. I asked him if I could leave early tomorrow in hopes of getting to a doctor before they close for the week so it's not off to the urgent care with me. Before I even can stop myself I'm on the verge of tears, while he's telling me to slow down and talk to him, because I talk fast and I couldn't control the pain. So, he was trying to make it work out. So, I might be able to leave early, who knows? But he was being nice and I enjoy when people are nice. And he ended up texting me tonight later on and asked how I was.

So, hours later after a nap with a heating pad strapped to my back, the pain is still there. And I discover I didn't wake up nicely due to the need of being alert, instead someone was talking super loud on a cell phone, tromping across the apartment, laughing high pitched and making as much noise as possible, despite my light being off and the knowledge I was in pain and more than likely sleeping. Yeah, usually I can sleep through anything, but when I am sick or have some kind of ailment all bets are off. Also, before after I'd slept I'd wake up and my pain would be gone, that didn't happen this time. So the progression of issues and pain is definitely increasing which sucks. I hope it's not something serious. And I hope I get some kind of pain reducing drugs that work. It'd be lovely.

I also would love a chiropractor... which I'm pretty sure I spelled wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment